If you add an appointment to your Better Bookings calendar, and have your Google Calendar account connected, we will automatically sync all your appointments to a calendar in Google labeled 'Better Bookings'.
We will send across the time, duration, and date of the appointment. We will also add your location, business name and clients (just so you know Google calls clients 'Attendees'). The great news is that this sync is 2 way. So if you update the appointment time, date, add/edit or delete clients we'll update these appointments in Better Bookings.
Depending on your Google calendar settings, Google Calendar will also send your client a meeting invite so they can save it to their calendar - if your edit the appointment at any time an updated invite will be automatically sent to them.
If you have reminders switched on in your Google Cal settings, you will also get a reminder of your up-coming appointment with your client - sent straight to your inbox.
Just so you know: as we need certain information to create appointments in Better Bookings and you won't be able to create new appointments in Google, to then sync to Better Bookings - they must first be created in Better Bookings.
Set up Google Calendar
- Go to 'Settings > Integrations > Google Calendar'
- Click on 'Connect'.
- You will redirected to a Google Account page, select your account and give Better Bookings permission to connect and share data
- Once you have given permission, you will be redirected back to Better Bookings
- Better Bookings will sync your appointments to your connected Google Calendar every 10 minutes
- Make sure that you turn off your notifications in Google if you don't want your clients to get appointment invites or reminders. Read more about managing your Google Calendar notifications here.
- Check the Better Bookings timezone & the Timezone in Google Calendar to make sure they match & they are right for you.