Managing your team availability including when they are away on leave is a core scheduling activity.
This post is about Personal Appointments. Learn more about Client Appointments.
Not only does Better Bookings allow you to add Personal & Client Appointments, you can add in when Team Members are out of the office/place of business, making sure client appointments aren't booked in when team members aren't there.
Add Team Member Leave
First, you you need to launch the New Appointment popup,
This can be done 2 ways for Leave (this is a Type of Personal Appointments):
- Head to the Calendar, click on the time of date (week/month view) or time (today/day view) that you would like to make the appointment.
- Head to the Calendar, click on the Leave Calendar tab that you would like to make the appointment.
- Click on + toggle on the bottom right hand corner of Better Bookings, select 'New Appointment' (this button has been placed here so you can always get to it quickly from anywhere!)
Once the appointment pop up has been launched:
- Select Personal Appointments in Appointment Type
- From Personal Types, select Leave
- Complete the remaining details
See Definitions below for more details on each of the new appointment fields.
Add reoccurring appointments
Better Bookings allows you to book recurring appointments for personal appointments.
- Once you click on the appointment time, the New Appointment pop will launch
- Select Business Location (if applicable) Team Member (if applicable) > Type (of appointment – in this case Personal), Date, Time, Duration, Recurrence frequency and add Note if required.
Go to the Calendar
Edit or reschedule appointments by clicking on the appointment and updating the details (Team member, personal appointment type, date, time, product).
Or, you can drag the existing appointment to the new date and time, click. You will be asked to confirm the change of appointment time.
To edit or re-schedule an appointment
- Click on appointment in the calendar you would like to edit
- The Appointment Summary pop up with display
- Click on Edit, edit the details of the appointment
TIP: When editing reoccurring appointments, you can select to either Edit Single Appointment Only or Edit All Reoccurring Appointments.
Definitions (a bit more on the details)
"Team Member" Select the team member you are booking. Simply select the staff member who will be covering this appointment.
"Type" Select between "Personal" or "Client" Appointments. You can block out times for personal breaks or meetings easily.
"Personal Type" You can select from a default (Break, Meeting, Leave), or add Custom Personal Types from Settings (e.g. In Service, Team Meetings)
"Colour" Use booking colours to differentiate between practitioners or types of bookings, it's up to you. When setting up team members you can choose a default colour for the calendar.
"Date" Use the date picker or manually enter the date in the date field.
"Time" Use the "Hour", "Minute" & "AM/PM" dropdown to select the appointment time.
"Recurrence" You can create multiple recurring bookings at the same time. If one appointment, the have Recurrence Off, if you want to set more than one appointment select how regularly you want the recurrence to happen, either daily, weekly, bi-weekly or monthly.
"Note" This is not a mandatory field but is handy if you have notes that you want to add to the booking, want to record the practitioner, or any number of comments.
You can then Save your appointment and it will now appear in your calendar.